Yala Peak Ascent
Yala Peak Ascent or Yala Peak Climbing takes you to the Langtang Valley, which is a protected area of Nepal included in the Langtang National Park, and a haven of rare wildlife like red pandas, Himalayan black bear, wild boar, languor monkeys, snow leopard and others. The trekking trail to Yala Peak moves through this region, increasing your chances of seeing these animals. After reaching the base of the peak, we establish a base camp at around 4800 meters and make to the summit from the same camp. Starting early morning when the stars are still shining in the sky, the summit is reached before noon.
Yala Peak Climbing comes with marvelous treks in Langtang Region through virgin lands of nature in Nepal. With the expert Sherpa guides of Outdoor Himalayan Treks you will have an unforgettable peak climbing experience. After we drive to Dhunche from Kathmandu, which takes about six hours, we start the trek. Initially there is subtropical vegetation, but, as the trail gains elevation, there is thick forest of oak, birch, rhododendron, and pine. Alpine grasslands and yak pastures are found in plenty in higher altitudes. In the spring the entire forest and pastures look like flower gardens as the rhododendron, edelweiss, gentians and violets go into full bloom.
The Langtang Valley also treats the trekkers with unique cultural experience. This region is the home to Tamangs, an ethnic group of Nepal rich in its unique customs and culture. We will also come across a legendary cultural heritage of the area, named Kyanjin Gompa, which is also featured in the Tamang Heritage Trail trekking package offered by Outdoor Himalayan Treks. The highest peak in Langtang region, known as Langtang Lirung (7246m) and numerous other peaks can be viewed up and down the trail. Yala summit is undoubtedly the best vantage point to soak up an infinite Himalayan panorama. Even more importantly, it offers views of the only peak in Tibet going over 8000 meters in altitude, and its name is Shisa Pangma.
By the way, if you are more into hardcore mountaineering, you must try our mountaineering in Nepal packages.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi by private vehicle or bus
Day 2: Syabrubeshi to Lama Hotel
Day 3: Lama Hotel to Langtang
Day 4: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa
Day 5: Kyanjin gompa to Yala Peak Base Camp
Day 6: Rest and acclimatization at Yala Peak Base Camp
Day 7: Base Camp to summit and back to Base Camp
Day 8: Base Camp to Langtang
Day 9: Langtang to Thulo Syabru
Day 10: Thulo Syabru to Dhunche
Day 11: Dhunche to Kathmandu by private vehicles or bus
This trip requires you to be in good health and physically fit. So, we recommend thorough physical examination before you start the trek. Skills: Your familiarity with the mountainous terrain and previous trekking experience will be desirable.
- Make sure that you are insured against cancellations, accidents, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of, or damage to, baggage and personal effects.
- In emergency situations, we will arrange for a helicopter rescue, medical treatment and after care for you. All these costs shall be borne by your travel insurance company.
- Camping tent
- Cooking equipments
- Sleeping bag
- Down jacket
- Carabiners, harness
- LED headlight
- Water bottle
- First-aid kit
- Water purification solution
- Trekking poles
- Full fingers gloves
- Thermal cap
- You can choose to bring these equipments yourself. However, we can help you get these things after you arrive here if you want to travel light.
- We will arrange your pick-up/drop-off according to your flight schedule.
- We can customize this itinerary according to your interests and preferences.
- TIMS Card
- Langtang National Park Permit / Yala Peak climbing permit
- Scanned copies of passport sized photo and passport of each participant
- Travel insurance