Dhampus Peak Climbing
Situated in the north east of the giant Dhaulagiri massif, Dhampus Peak — a nontechnical peak — is the only location from where the observer can get a clear view of the massive altitude differences between the Annapurna and Dhualgiri ranges. The summit commands extremely close views of Tukuche and Dhaulagiri peaks. As many as thirty different mountains can be seen from the peak top, making it an incomparable vantage point to absorb mountain panorama.
No experience of climbing, except for acclimatization, is required to scale Dhampus peak. The normal route to the peak summit follows the west ridge. This ridge also links the famous Dhampus Pass (5200m). The High Camp for the peak is erected here, from where climbers kiss the summit. Depending on how fast the climbers can acclimatize, it takes about one to one and half a week to climb Dhampus. If you want to get an easy experience of mountaineering in a region where a few climbers venture, choose Dhampus Peak.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Beni by bus
Day 2: Beni to Tato Pani
Day 3: Tatopani to Ghasa
Day 4: Ghasa to Tukuche
Day 5: Ascend from Tukuche to First Camp
Day 6: Second Camp (4900m)
Day 7: Rest day
Day 8: High Camp at Dhampus Pass (5200m)
Day 9: Summit attempt (Dhampus Peak)
Day 10: Descend to Second Camp
Day 11: Descend to Tukuche
Day 12: Tukuche to Jomsom
Day 13: Jomsom to Pokhara
Day 14: Pokhara to Kathmandu
This trip requires you to be in good health and physically fit. So, we recommend thorough physical examination before you start the trek. Skills: Your familiarity with the mountainous terrain and previous trekking experience will be desirable.
- Make sure that you are insured against cancellations, accidents, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of, or damage to, baggage and personal effects.
- In emergency situations, we will arrange for a helicopter rescue, medical treatment and after care for you. All these costs shall be borne by your travel insurance company.
- Camping tent
- Cooking equipments
- Sleeping bag
- Down jacket
- Carabiners, harness
- LED headlight
- Water bottle
- First-aid kit
- Water purification solution
- Trekking poles
- Full fingers gloves
- Thermal cap
- You can choose to bring these equipments yourself. However, we can help you get these things after you arrive here if you want to travel light.
- We will arrange your pick-up/drop-off according to your flight schedule.
- We can customize this itinerary according to your interests and preferences.
- TIMS Card
- Scanned copies of passport sized photo and passport of each participant
- Travel insurance